The last year has been filled with unprecedented challenges. While we don’t know what lies ahead, with tomorrow’s Presidential inauguration, we enter a new era with a much-needed shift in tone and vision. At last, we will have an administration that has signaled its support for the needs of working families and ending the care crisis. As we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.’s dedication to eradicating racial injustice and his recognition of the power of non-violence, it is especially critical that we have a President who will commit to advancing justice for Black workers and their families and condemn white supremacist violence, as we saw at the Capitol earlier this month, in all its forms.
Over the next four years, we will be working tirelessly to push the new Administration and the 117th Congress to enact a bold policy agenda for working families.
See A Better Balance’s Full Federal Policy Agenda
Our priorities include:
- Reinstating COVID-19 emergency paid leave and extending this protection to all workers.
- Passing the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act in the first 100 days.
- Enacting a permanent paid family and medical leave program.
- Guaranteeing paid sick time to all workers, regardless of employer size.
- Stabilizing and investing in the childcare industry.
- Expanding access to fair and predictable work schedules & enhancing rights of part-time and temporary workers.
We are heartened that the Biden Administration has already committed to guaranteeing COVID-19 emergency paid leave for all workers, as part of the American Rescue Plan.
Here at A Better Balance, we are ready for what will be a major year in the fight for workplace justice. Together, we can create a more just and equitable nation.