Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Cities, States Deliver Paid Leave so Survivors Can ‘Get Safe’, Rewire, 6/13/2017
- Walmart’s Sick Leave Policy Is Terrible, Especially For Women, The Huffington Post, 6/12/2017
- HOW A BETTER BALANCE FIGHTS WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST LATINOS, HIP Give, 6/7/2017
- CÓMO ABB (A BETTER BALANCE) LUCHA EN CONTRA DE LA DISCRIMINACIÓN HACIA LOS LATINOS, HIP Give, 6/7/2017
- Pointing Out: How Walmart Unlawfully Punishes Workers For Medical Absences, The Huffington Post, 6/7/2017
- What Walmart’s Doing To Its Employees Highlights the Problem with ‘Time Off’ in the US, Attn:, 6/6/2017
- Walmart employees accuse company of penalizing them for taking sick days, HRDive, 6/5/2017
- Walmart Accused of Punishing Workers For Sick Days, Pregnancy, Delish, 6/3/2017