Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
Press Release: Nationwide Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Walmart for Failing to Accommodate Pregnant Workers
ABB In The Media
- Keeping salary history off job applications could help workers earn more, Am New York, 5/8/2017
- What Walmart and the Trumps Get Wrong About #WomenWhoWork, Medium, 5/2/2017
- Legislation aims to close the wage gap, The Legislative Gazette, 5/2/2017
- NY may ban salary history questions for job applicants to tackle gender wage gap, Syracuse.com, 5/2/2017
- Don’t Ask, Get Paid, Capital Tonight, 5/2/2017
- NY may ban salary history for applicants, The Journal News, 5/1/2017
- Can corporate feminism help all working women?, The Christian Science Monitor, 4/25/2017
- How Some Companies Are Making Child Care Less Stressful for Their Employees, The Harvard Business Review, 4/17/2017