Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
Yesterday, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced the creation of the first-ever New York State Council on…
NEW YORK—Less than two months after releasing its report, “Pointing Out: How Walmart Unlawfully Punishes…
ABB In The Media
- A Better Balance Files Four New Charges Of Disability Discrimination Against Walmart Following “Pointing Out” Report, The Street, 7/25/2017
- What you need to know about NY’s Paid Family Leave benefits, The Daily Gazette, 7/24/2017
- Walmart’s Sick Scheduling Policies, The Nation, 7/13/2017
- Belabored Podcast #130: Retail Warriors, Dissent, 7/2/2017
- EPISODE 34: YOUR IPHONE WAS MADE BY A CHILD SLAVE…AND WAL-MART BREAKS THE LAW AGAIN, Working Life Podcast, 6/14/2017
- Cities, States Deliver Paid Leave so Survivors Can ‘Get Safe’, Rewire, 6/13/2017
- Walmart’s Sick Leave Policy Is Terrible, Especially For Women, The Huffington Post, 6/12/2017
- HOW A BETTER BALANCE FIGHTS WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION AGAINST LATINOS, HIP Give, 6/7/2017