Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their health or their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Paid-Leave Promise Turns ‘Mirage’ for Most Workers in Pandemic, Bloomberg Law, 5/27/2020
- Single Mothers Hit Hard by Job Losses, Pew Trusts Stateline, 5/26/2020
- What you need to know about taking maternity leave during a global pandemic, Motherly, 5/26/2020
- What are working parents supposed to do with their kids this summer, as coronavirus keeps summer camps, daycare close down?, KNX Radio Los Angeles, 5/21/2020
- The COVID-19 child care dilemma: When workplaces open, but schools and summer camps don’t, Poynter, 5/20/2020
- Nashville’s Council Urges — But Can’t Enforce — Stronger Pandemic Sick Leave, WPLN - Nashville Public Radio, 5/20/2020
- There will likely be lots of lawsuits after the pandemic, according to labor experts., Legal Reader, 5/15/2020
- Dems Float More Leave, Hazard Pay In New Virus Relief Bill, Law360, 5/12/2020