Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their health or their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Warren Investigates Report That FedEx, Walmart Punish Workers for Taking Time Off, VICE, 7/30/2020
- Working Moms Will Find Covid-19 Layoffs Hard to Fight in Court, Bloomberg Law, 7/29/2020
- Pandemic Parenting Isn’t Easy For Anyone, But Working Moms May Pay A Price, WGBH News, 7/15/2020
- Coronavirus Has Finally Put A Spotlight On America’s Childcare Crisis. What Happens Now?, Refinery29, 7/15/2020
- Colo. Paid Sick Time Mandate Signed Into Law Amid Pandemic, Law360, 7/14/2020
- Colorado’s paid sick leave program becomes law, Colorado Politics, 7/14/2020
- Without Child Care, Back-to-Work Parents Have Few Legal Options, Bloomberg Law, 7/7/2020
- Gov. Dad: Family leave job protections expanded in bill backed by Newsom, Cal Matters, 6/30/2020