Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Walmart Spurns Claims Of Discriminatory Pregnancy Policy, Law 360, 8/1/2017
- A Better Balance Files Four New Charges Of Disability Discrimination Against Walmart Following “Pointing Out” Report, The Street, 7/25/2017
- What you need to know about NY’s Paid Family Leave benefits, The Daily Gazette, 7/24/2017
- Nashville adopts paid family leave for Metro workers, Nashville Post, 7/13/2017
- Nashville to offer paid parental leave to Metro employees, The Tennessean, 7/13/2017
- Walmart’s Sick Scheduling Policies, The Nation, 7/13/2017
- Belabored Podcast #130: Retail Warriors, Dissent, 7/2/2017
- EPISODE 34: YOUR IPHONE WAS MADE BY A CHILD SLAVE…AND WAL-MART BREAKS THE LAW AGAIN, Working Life Podcast, 6/14/2017