Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
In Advance of One Year Anniversary of Women’s March, A Better Balance Releases New Easy-to-Use Guide to Women’s Rights at Work
ABB In The Media
- What You Need To Know About New York’s New Paid Leave Law, Forbes, 1/17/2018
- Why Some Are Taking Walmart’s New Benefit Policies With a Grain of Salt, The Street, 1/11/2018
- Here’s What You Should Know About New York’s New Paid Family Leave Program, Refinery 29, 1/3/2018
- 8 next steps to take if you’ve been sexually harassed at work, Dayton Daily News, 1/2/2018
- Four Crucial Things You Should Know About New York’s New Paid Family Leave Program, Slate, 1/1/2018
- New York Employers Gearing Up for Paid Family Leave Law, Bloomberg Law, 12/22/2017
- Governor Cuomo Announces Launch Of Nation’s Most Comprehensive Paid Family Leave Policy, Long Island.com, 12/18/2017
- Leveling the Playing Field in New York, The Huffington Post, 12/16/2017