Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Protecting pregnant workers aim of new legislation, Kentucky Today, 9/19/2018
- Why Job Hunting While Pregnant Is Such a Minefield, Slate, 9/10/2018
- Restaurant staffers must get minimum wage: Moya, TimesLedger, 9/7/2018
- Why Did Michigan Republicans Approve a Minimum Wage Hike and Paid Sick Leave?, Rewire.News, 9/7/2018
- Albion Wal-Mart workers at center of class action lawsuit, The Daily News, 8/24/2018
- Pregnancy Discrimination, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, 8/9/2018
- ‘We Need a #MeToo Movement’ for Pregnancy Discrimination, The Brian Lehrer Show, 8/8/2018
- Calvario de mujer embarazada por discriminación laboral, Al Rojo Vivo Telemundo, 8/7/2018