Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB Calls on Walmart to Confirm Reports About Pregnancy-Related Absences and Other Details NEW YORK –…
ABB In The Media
- Pregnant worker job protections pushed as ‘pro-life’ in Kentucky, The Courier Journal, 3/12/2019
- Improper Etiquette: Episode 108, Improper Etiquette podcast, 3/7/2019
- Cuomo to Propose Statewide Child Care Program at Community Colleges, Diverse Issues in Higher Education, 2/22/2019
- Cuomo seeks pilot child care program for single parents at NY community colleges, Auburn Pub, 2/22/2019
- Kentucky legislators consider protections for pregnant workers, Insider Louisville, 2/18/2019
- Walmart facing gender discrimination lawsuits from female employees, The Guardian, 2/18/2019
- Kentucky Legislative Panel Approves Pregnant Workers’ Rights Bill, WKU Public Radio, 2/14/2019
- More States Propose Paid Family Leave, State Net Capital Journal, 2/8/2019