Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their health or their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Without Child Care, Back-to-Work Parents Have Few Legal Options, Bloomberg Law, 7/7/2020
- Gov. Dad: Family leave job protections expanded in bill backed by Newsom, Cal Matters, 6/30/2020
- Empaquetar 60 trozos de pollo por minuto: lo inhumano de las procesadoras avícolas en EEUU, El Diario, 6/25/2020
- Six weeks of paid parental leave now available for Shelby County employees, Fox13 Memphis, 6/23/2020
- Tennessee Enacts Pregnant-Worker Accommodations Law, Bloomberg Law, 6/23/2020
- Philly Council committee advances paid leave bill for public health emergencies, The Philadelphia Tribune, 6/22/2020
- “I am very scared”: What it’s like for pregnant essential workers in the pandemic, Vox, 6/15/2020
- Minnesota Supreme Court Upholds Minneapolis Leave Law, Law360, 6/10/2020