Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Katko introduces bipartisan bill to protect pregnant workers’ rights Katko introduces bipartisan bill to protect pregnant workers’ rights, The Ripon Advance, 5/16/2019
- State report shows women-led households experience poverty at higher rates, WBIR 10News, 5/15/2019
- Pregnant Women Are Still Being Discriminated At Work In US, Babygaga, 5/15/2019
- Rep. John Katko eyes protections for pregnant workers, The Auburn Pub, 5/15/2019
- With Child and Out of a Job, Jacobin, 5/14/2019
- House Lawmakers Float Pregnant Worker Accommodation Bill, Law 360, 5/14/2019
- Tennessee women face hurdles to economic security, new study says, The Tennessean, 5/13/2019
- Workplace Discrimination Against Pregnant Women Is Still A Problem, Report Says, & The Federal Government Could Solve It, Romper, 5/13/2019