Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Friday, June 15, 2018 Contact: Lorraine Kenny, A Better Balance, 212-430-5982 x165, email@example.com Maria…
ABB In The Media
- Curator Says MoMA PS1 Wanted Her, Until She Had a Baby, The New York Times, 7/6/2018
- Is It Illegal For A Company To Fire You For Being Depressed?, Refinery 29, 6/28/2018
- The Rampant Problem of Pregnancy Discrimination, The Daily, 6/26/2018
- Medical firms fined for violating the city’s paid sick leave law, New York Daily News, 6/23/2018
- Pregnancy Discrimination Is Rampant Inside America’s Biggest Companies, The New York Times, 6/15/2018
- How to Navigate Your Pregnancy at Work, Momtastic, 6/7/2018
- New law will help pregnant women on the job, The Post and Courier, 6/3/2018
- Letter to the Editor: Fighting Bias Against Mothers in the Workplace, The New York Times, 5/27/2018