Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
On September 9th, we were proud to join these workers in calling for New York City to pass a bill giving New Yorkers the right to earn 10 days of paid personal time at a rally on the steps of City Hall
ABB In The Media
- The American Workplace Still Won’t Accommodate Pregnant Workers, The Nation, 8/13/2019
- South Bronx-Born AI App Aims To Change Maternal Health Disparities, The City, 7/26/2019
- If You’re Pregnant and Working, Know Your Rights, The New York Times, 7/19/2019
- Pittsburgh scored a win with paid sick leave. States across the country are trying to stop that from happening, Pennsylvania Capital-Star, 7/18/2019
- More Parents Than Ever Are Suing Their Employers for Discrimination—and Winning, Working Mother, 7/17/2019
- Divided Over Abortion, but Joining Forces for Women’s Workplace Rights, The New York Times, 7/12/2019
- Women’s Soccer Put Equal Pay On The Agenda. Now What?, HuffPost, 7/11/2019
- Albany County defeats law that would give employees paid sick days, Albany Times-Union, 6/11/2019