Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB Calls on Walmart to Confirm Reports About Pregnancy-Related Absences and Other Details NEW YORK –…
ABB In The Media
- Kentucky Legislative Panel Approves Pregnant Workers’ Rights Bill, WKU Public Radio, 2/14/2019
- More States Propose Paid Family Leave, State Net Capital Journal, 2/8/2019
- Energy around Paid Leave Policies Continue to Grow, Next City, 2/5/2019
- Retail giant revamps leave policy to curb absenteeism, HRM Canada, 2/5/2019
- Woman with disabilities claims Walmart fired her because she was pregnant, The Register-Guard, 2/4/2019
- Walmart Gives Workers Paid Sick Leave to Sweeten Broader Attendance Crackdown, Bloomberg, 2/1/2019
- Walmart to Pay Hourly Workers for Sick Leave in Overhaul of Employment Policies, Fortune, 2/1/2019
- Walmart is changing its sick leave policy, and will pay bonuses for good attendance, CNN, 2/1/2019