Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
In Advance of One Year Anniversary of Women’s March, A Better Balance Releases New Easy-to-Use Guide to Women’s Rights at Work
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Friday, June 15, 2018 Contact: Lorraine Kenny, A Better Balance, 212-430-5982 x165, email@example.com Maria…
ABB In The Media
- Pregnancy Discrimination Is Rampant Inside America’s Biggest Companies, The New York Times, 6/15/2018
- How to Navigate Your Pregnancy at Work, Momtastic, 6/7/2018
- New law will help pregnant women on the job, The Post and Courier, 6/3/2018
- Letter to the Editor: Fighting Bias Against Mothers in the Workplace, The New York Times, 5/27/2018
- French Open double fault is not respecting Serena Williams as an athlete or a mother, Newsday, 5/24/2018
- Eight women allege sexual harassment at XPO Logistics warehouse in Memphis, The Guardian, 5/23/2018
- Raising expectations, reducing funding: De Blasio’s Human Rights Commission problem, NY Daily News, 5/22/2018
- South Carolina Legislators Take on Pregnancy Discrimination (Yes, It’s Still a Thing), Rewire, 5/16/2018