Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
In Advance of One Year Anniversary of Women’s March, A Better Balance Releases New Easy-to-Use Guide to Women’s Rights at Work
ABB In The Media
- French Open double fault is not respecting Serena Williams as an athlete or a mother, Newsday, 5/24/2018
- Eight women allege sexual harassment at XPO Logistics warehouse in Memphis, The Guardian, 5/23/2018
- Raising expectations, reducing funding: De Blasio’s Human Rights Commission problem, NY Daily News, 5/22/2018
- South Carolina Legislators Take on Pregnancy Discrimination (Yes, It’s Still a Thing), Rewire, 5/16/2018
- Galef to Host Forum on Sexual Harassment, The Highlands Current, 5/13/2018
- How To Job Hunt — & Combat Bias — While Pregnant, Refinery 29, 5/11/2018
- Study Shows How Recent Preemption Bills Undermine Democracy and Threaten LGBT Equality, The Seattle Lesbian, 5/10/2018
- What Every Working Mom Should Know About Maternity Leave, Momtastic, 5/10/2018