A Better Balance uses the power of the law to advance justice for workers, so they can care for themselves and their loved ones without jeopardizing their economic security.
Through policy work, strategic litigation and direct legal services, and public education, our expert legal team combats discrimination against pregnant workers and caregivers and advances fair and supportive policies like paid sick time, paid family and medical leave, predictable and flexible scheduling, and more. When we value the work of providing care, which has been historically marginalized due to sexism and racism, our communities and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Virus Paid Leave Expands Even as Democrat-Led Virginia Says ‘No’, Bloomberg Law, 9/22/2020
- Protecting pregnant workers through A Better Balance, Al Día, 9/20/2020
- Bill Boosting Protections for Pregnant Workers OK’d by House, Bloomberg Law, 9/17/2020
- House Passes Key Protections For Pregnant Workers, HuffPost, 9/17/2020
- For the First Time Ever, the House Has Passed the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, The Nation, 9/17/2020
- House Passes ‘Historic’ Legislation to Protect Pregnant Workers From Discrimination, Prompting Calls for Senate to Follow Suit, Common Dreams, 9/17/2020
- Separate bills filed to provide paid leave to Kentucky state workers who are new parents, Courier Journal, 9/16/2020
- Covid-19 Leave Suits Trickle In With Spike Expected This Fall, Bloomberg Law, 9/2/2020