Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Verizon Urged to Investigate Reported Misconduct at Memphis Warehouse, Memphis Flyer, 12/17/2018
- Michigan Republicans Gutted a Wage Increase and Sick Leave Benefits. Now They Could Face Legal Action., Rewire, 12/7/2018
- A Better Balance: Providing Nonprofit Legal Advocacy to Protect the Rights of American Workers, Badcredit.org, 12/5/2018
- A Memphis warehouse worker helped spur a new pregnancy policy. Now she wants a law, Memphis Commercial Appeal, 12/5/2018
- Ending Pregnancy Discrimination, Women's Enews Live, 11/28/2018
- The Human Toll of Instant Delivery, The Daily, 11/26/2018
- Pregnant Workers Deserve Better Than Impossible and Unfair Choices, Ms. Magazine Blog, 11/1/2018
- JFK security officers announce a strike, New York Amsterdam News, 11/1/2018