Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- States Move to Protect Pregnant Workers as Congress Sleeps, Nonprofit Quarterly, 4/12/2019
- Kentucky Becomes 25th State to Protect Pregnant Employees at Work, TruthOut, 4/10/2019
- Bill would keep responsible companies from bringing good jobs to state | Opinion, Knoxville News Sentinel, 4/4/2019
- MoMA PS1 Settles With Curator Who Said Giving Birth Cost Her Job Offer, The New York Times, 3/26/2019
- MOMA PS1 SETTLES DISCRIMINATION LAWSUIT WITH CURATOR NIKKI COLUMBUS, Art Forum, 3/26/2019
- Bill that would give state protections to pregnant mothers pulled by sponsor, News Channel 5 Nashville, 3/25/2019
- Don’t make women choose between healthy pregnancy and a paycheck. Pass Senate Bill 18., Lexington Herald Leader, 3/21/2019
- Bills targeting LGBTQ Tennesseans veiled in misleading language, Nashville Post, 3/19/2019