Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
In Advance of One Year Anniversary of Women’s March, A Better Balance Releases New Easy-to-Use Guide to Women’s Rights at Work
ABB In The Media
- Getting Pregnant, Getting Fired: Job Discrimination Cases Filed by Women Persist, Oklahoma Watch, 4/18/2018
- How Medical Professionals Discriminate Against Single People, Health Line, 4/16/2018
- Women’s rights advocates hail passage of anti-harassment bills, Brooklyn Daily Eagle, 4/13/2018
- Everything That Needs to Change for Women to Finally Get Equal Pay, Cosmopolitan, 4/10/2018
- Walmart Can’t Shake Pregnant Workers’ Nationwide Bias Claims, Bloomberg News, 3/30/2018
- Pregnancy discrimination suit against Walmart can proceed in Illinois, local judge rules, Belleville News-Democrat, 3/30/2018
- Nonprofit Seeks to Put Paid Sick Leave on Ballot, The Rivard Report, 3/26/2018
- Millennials Struggling to Care for Aging Baby Boomer Parents Call for Better Paid, Time, 3/19/2018