Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Pregnant Workers Deserve Better Than Impossible and Unfair Choices, Ms. Magazine Blog, 11/1/2018
- JFK security officers announce a strike, New York Amsterdam News, 11/1/2018
- Tennessee among states with few protections for pregnant workers. After miscarriage report, new effort aims to change that., Commercial Appeal, 10/31/2018
- Teamsters and activists call out pregnancy discrimination at XPO logistics, New York Amsterdam News, 10/26/2018
- XPO Gains National Notoriety for its Horrific Working Conditions, Memphis Flyer, 10/25/2018
- Miscarrying at Work: The Physical Toll of Pregnancy Discrimination, The New York Times, 10/22/2018
- Prefiled bill aims to protect pregnant women from workplace discrimination, Spectrum News, 10/19/2018
- Too Sick, Too Pregnant, Too Well Paid: Walmart Workers on Why the Company Fires Them, Splinter, 10/4/2018