Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Wage Win, Questions on salary history banned, Manhattan Times, 11/17/2017
- Contractors seek to ease state payroll edict, Press Republican, 11/11/2017
- Harlem’s Mark-Viverito, Mayor Bill de Blasio And Others Expand Paid Leave To Domestic Violence Survivors, Harlem World, 11/6/2017
- New York Pay-Disclosure Order Faces Pushback From Business, The Wall Street Journal, 11/5/2017
- What To Do If You’re Harassed At Work — And HR Isn’t Helping, Cosmopolitan, 11/2/2017
- You Might Not Realize That This Interview Question Is Actually Discriminatory, Refinery 29, 11/1/2017
- EXCLUSIVE: Center for American Progress Calls for Paid Leave Policies That Cover Chosen Family, Auto Straddle, 10/30/2017
- New York set to institute most aggressive paid family leave act in the nation, CNBC, 10/27/2017