A Better Balance uses the power of the law to advance justice for workers, so they can care for themselves and their loved ones without jeopardizing their economic security.
Through legislative advocacy, direct legal services and strategic litigation, and public education, our expert legal team combats discrimination against pregnant workers and caregivers and advances supportive policies like paid sick time, paid family and medical leave, fair scheduling, and accessible, quality childcare and eldercare. When we value the work of providing care, which has long been marginalized due to sexism and racism, our communities and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Letter to the Editor: Pregnant Workers and Covid-19, New York Times Opinion, 11/9/2020
- Colorado Voters Pass Paid Family Leave, HuffPost, 11/4/2020
- Voters Ignore Business Protests in Approving Pro-Worker Measures, Bloomberg Law, 11/4/2020
- Stringer to measure work-life in the COVID-19 economy with new survey, amNY, 10/28/2020
- Workers Exhaust Time-Off Options as Covid-19, Child-Care Issues Compound, Wall Street Journal, 10/24/2020
- US heat emergency plans missing pregnancy, racial justice, Today News Africa, 10/23/2020
- These women are fighting to uphold Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s legacy, National Geographic, 10/22/2020
- Accommodating Pregnant Workers is a Matter of Reproductive, Economic and Racial Justice, Ms. Magazine, 10/5/2020