Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
In Advance of One Year Anniversary of Women’s March, A Better Balance Releases New Easy-to-Use Guide to Women’s Rights at Work
ABB In The Media
- Millennials Struggling to Care for Aging Baby Boomer Parents Call for Better Paid, Time, 3/19/2018
- Growing Push For Paid Leave For ‘Chosen Family’, AP News, 3/9/2018
- City Council vows to fight workplace sexual harassment, Brooklyn Daily Eagle, 3/1/2018
- Millennials Deserve Real Paid Leave and a Secure Retirement, Feministing, 2/22/2018
- Millennials Deserve Real Paid Leave and a Secure Retirement, Medium, 2/16/2018
- Calls for paid family leave are getting louder, CNN, 2/13/2018
- Pregnant workers rights bill clears Senate panel, WDRB.com, 2/8/2018
- Pregnant Workers’ Rights Bill Advances In State Legislature, 89.3 WFPL, 2/8/2018