Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
So this National Family Caregivers Month, let’s demand we support family caregivers and treat their role with the value it deserves!
So this National Work and Family Month, let’s demand justice and work-life balance for low income families
ABB In The Media
- Colorado’s Paid Family and Medical Leave Task Force rejects Gov. Polis proposals, Denver Business Journal, 11/14/2019
- Pregnancy in the Workplace, Part III, WUGA | Athens News Matters, 11/12/2019
- How Maine’s public university system became one of the biggest threats to worker protections, The Maine Beacon, 10/30/2019
- Reproductive justice wins in Tennessee aren’t just about abortion, Scalawag Magazine, 10/28/2019
- House panel vets sweeping pregnancy discrimination bill, Reuters, 10/22/2019
- Pregnancy Discrimination At Work Is Still A Thing, Parentology, 10/22/2019
- 5 Women Share Their Stories Of Pregnancy Discrimination, Refinery29, 10/11/2019
- Elizabeth Warren says she lost her job when she got pregnant. Thousands of women every year say the same., Vox, 10/9/2019