Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their health or their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- What to Do When You’ve Been Laid Off from Your Service Job, Food & Wine, 3/25/2020
- Covid-19 Stalls Paid Leave Proposals in Colorado, Tennessee, Bloomberg Law, 3/24/2020
- Coronavirus provides shot in the arm to paid leave, Colorado Politics, 3/19/2020
- Coronavirus Pandemic Prompts Lawmakers to Push Paid Leave, Pew Trusts' Stateline, 3/18/2020
- New York Is Expanding Paid Sick Leave For Workers Under Quarantine For COVID-19, Gothamist, 3/18/2020
- Virus Rushes Some States’ Worker-Friendly Bills, Stalls Others, Bloomberg Law, 3/18/2020
- Virus Relief Expands Paid Leave, With Growing Calls For More, Law360, 3/18/2020
- NY Adopts Paid Sick Time Plan For Workers Hurt By COVID-19, Law360, 3/18/2020