Which matters more: your job or your family?
No one should have to choose.
We all hope we can care for our loved ones when they need us the most. Yet for many workers, especially those with the fewest resources, a new baby or seriously ill family member can spell financial ruin. Gaps in our laws leave too many women and families on the brink. It doesn’t have to be this way. A Better Balance leverages the power of the law to ensure that no worker has to make the impossible choice between their job and their health or their family. When all working parents and caregivers have a fair shot in the workplace, our families, our communities, and our nation are healthier and stronger.
We joined with our partners and the U.S. Chamber in a joint letter announcing their endorsement, calling the PWFA “a balanced approach to ensuring that pregnant employees have the maximum opportunity to stay in the workplace, which is critical to the economic security of America’s women and families.” The letter states that the PWFA will remedy extensive confusion, providing businesses with clarity regarding their obligations to accommodate pregnant workers.
ABB In The Media
- Miscarriage Matters: How workplace policies around pregnancy loss are changing, NBC Nightly News with Kate Snow, 2/9/2020
- After miscarriage, many women struggle with a workplace that doesn’t understand, TODAY Parents, 2/9/2020
- Urban Outlook: A Better Balance, Urban Outlook on Nashville NewsChannel5, 2/7/2020
- First-time survey shows Dallas law firms offer generous paid parental leave, Dallas News, 2/7/2020
- Lawmakers Want to Better Accommodate Pregnant Workers, Memphis Flyer, 2/6/2020
- Group supports legislation to help pregnant workers, Chicago Crusader, 2/5/2020
- Colorado’s next attempt at a paid-leave bill offers a major compromise to the business community, Denver Business Journal, 2/4/2020
- Democrats Will Propose A Privately Run Paid Family Leave Program For Employees In Colorado, Colorado Public Radio News, 2/4/2020