A Better Balance uses the power of the law to advance justice for workers, so they can care for themselves and their loved ones without jeopardizing their economic security.
Through legislative advocacy, direct legal services and strategic litigation, and public education, our expert legal team combats discrimination against pregnant workers and caregivers and advances supportive policies like paid sick time, paid family and medical leave, fair scheduling, and accessible, quality childcare and eldercare. When we value the work of providing care, which has been long marginalized due to sexism and racism, our communities and our nation are healthier and stronger.
ABB In The Media
- Workers Exhaust Time-Off Options as Covid-19, Child-Care Issues Compound, Wall Street Journal, 10/24/2020
- These women are fighting to uphold Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s legacy, National Geographic, 10/22/2020
- Accommodating Pregnant Workers is a Matter of Reproductive, Economic and Racial Justice, Ms. Magazine, 10/5/2020
- Appeal Deadline Looms Over DOL Virus Paid-Leave Regulations, Bloomberg Law, 10/2/2020
- The South still lags U.S. on paying women fairly, Reckon, 10/2/2020
- Mothers Are 3 Times More Likely Than Fathers to Have Lost Jobs in Pandemic, Pew Stateline, 9/28/2020
- Pregnant Workers Fairness Act Passes House with Bipartisan Support, Ms. Magazine, 9/25/2020
- Virus Paid Leave Expands Even as Democrat-Led Virginia Says ‘No’, Bloomberg Law, 9/22/2020