The Healthy Families Act (S. 636 / H.R. 1516) has been reintroduced in the House and Senate. The bill would guarantee workers the right to earn up to 7 paid sick days a year to address their own health needs or to care for a sick family member.
- Fact Sheet: Healthy Families Act
- TAKE ACTION! Urge Congress to support The Healthy Families Act.
- Op-Ed: Sick Leave Is Essential For The Workforce, Senator Tom Harkin, Politico (February 2012)
- Report: The Need for Paid Sick Days – The Lack of a Federal Policy Further Erodes Family Economic Security, Economic Policy Institute (June 2011)
- Report: Expanding Access to Paid Sick Leave: The Impact of the Healthy Families Act on America’s Workers, U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee (March 2010)
- Editorial: The Cost of Staying Home Sick, New York Times (May 4, 2009)