The Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network and A Better Balance hosted a conversation about the gendered implications of the Barrett Supreme Court confirmation process. The panelists discussed how the confirmation process highlighted the tightropes women walk in public life, the distinction between gendered attacks and legitimate scrutiny of a lifetime nominee to the Supreme Court, and the potential long-term effects of this appointment.
This event was co-sponsored by If/When/How, Law Women, and the Women of Color Collective.
- Moderator: • Melissa Murray, Frederick I. and Grace Stokes Professor of Law; Faculty Director, Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network, NYU School of Law
- Dina Bakst, Co-Founder and Co-President, A Better Balance
- Roberta (“Robbie”) Kaplan, Founding Partner, Kaplan Hecker & Fink; Co-Founder, Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund
- Anisha Singh, Director, Judiciary and Democracy Affairs, Planned Parenthood Action Fund; Adjunct Professor, NYU DC
- Lena Zwarensteyn, Fair Courts Campaign Director, Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights SHOW LESS