Workers, advocates, business leaders, and concerned citizens packed the New York City Council hearing room on May 11, 2010. New federal data shows that it would cost just 8 cents an hour for employers to provide paid sick time for workers in private service jobs like restaurant workers. A Better Balance and others urged City Council Speaker Quinn to schedule a vote for the bill, which has the support of 34 out of 51 City Council members.
- City's Sick-Pay Plan: A Battle of Perspective Wall Street Journal, (May 11, 2010)
- Más cerca pago por enfermedad El Diario, (May 12, 2010)
- Paid Sick Leave Has Ample Support in City Council Ilya Marritz, WNYC (May 12, 2010)
- Paid Sick Leave The Brian Lehrer Show, WYNC (May 13, 2010)
- Paid Sick Time Act Gets Second Hearing Helena Zhu, Epoch Times (May 11, 2010)
- Public Hearing on Controversial Paid Sick Leave Bill Draws Packed Crowd DNAinfo (May 11, 2010)